Monday, March 29, 2004

The Last Straw...?

From the "Story of My Life" file: My fiance informs me that there are y*nkee ads on my blog. *Vomit noise*... *3 hours of vomiting*... *spitting remains of bile into toilet noise* Okay. Anyway, here's the letter I just wrote to google address they have you use for input regarding ads:(I hope I don't get penalized for using the word 'Hitler,' but I use 'Steinbrenner' all the time, so it's probably okay)

***************************
Hi. My blogspot site is http://www.letsgosox.blogspot.com. My blog is titled "A Red Sox Fan In y*nkee Territory." It's about my life as a fan of baseball's Boston Red Sox, in southwest Connecticut, where most of the residents are fans of the Red Sox rivals, the New York y*nkees. You'll notice I don't capitalize the word "y*nkees" here, or anywhere in my blog. That's how much I despise that team and everything related to it. So you can imagine how shocked I was to see google ads for things like New York y*nkees tickets, etc., on my ANTI-y*nkees blog. While my initial response was to just move to Antarctica, where there would be no way for the stupid y*nkees to invade my life ever again, I sat a while and decided to calm down, and write to you about this issue, and hope that something can be worked out. I'd like to ask that there be no ads for anything y*nkee-related on this blog. In the meantime, I'm going to change all the a's in y*nkees to *s. Hopefully this will fix the problem, but please let me know if I can be allowed to have NO y*nkees ads on my blog regardless, as it will be quite annoying to keep hitting Shift-8 every time I mention the offending team's name. But I'll do it if I have to.
Also, I'd just like to ask a question. If I had a blog about how much I hated Nazis and Hitler, would there be big colorful ads placed at the top of the page saying, "Buy Nazi Memorabilia Here!", and "Hitler Autographed 8 x 10s"? I certainly hope not. Maybe there could be a way that the system would place ads based on content, not just common words? I don't know if that's possible. Thanks for reading.

Jere
*************************************

Note: the *s were of course 'a's in the actual letter.

I'll let you know how it turns out. Now I must go to bed as I have a date with the Devil Rays at 5 am.
Actually, first I have to go and change all the you-know-whats to "y*nkees." Uggggggh.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States