Sunday, September 12, 2004

Cover Me In Sleep

Six days, six 10:00 PM starts. We made it through with five wins, and didn't lose any ground in the standings. And every night, except for one, I went to sleep knowing the Sox had won, while yankee fans went to bed uncertain, and woke up to the bad news that hadn't "pulled away." Granted, they got more sleep, but my sleep was satisfying.

The Red Sox have scored twenty unanswered runs. Manny's goin' for fifty HRs. Everybody's got crazy hair. This team rules. I'm sleeping in tomorrow. Then I'll tell you about the 7 1/2 hours I spent at Shea Stadium today.

The magic and most valuable number is 24.

September 12th is Grandparents' Day. A happy one to you, El Duque.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States