Monday, February 07, 2005

Roamin' Numerals

When I was in middle school, I used to sit at my desk figuring out all the Super Bowls that would spell words, like Super Bowl MIX, and, uh, well maybe it was just MIX. But there were, at least, some that you could pronounce, like CLIX and LIX. I wonder if Liv Tyler will sing the anthem at Super Bowl LIV in 2020. Or if that band CIV will play at halftime of Super Bowl CIV, live via satellite from the old folks' home. Or if the distant offspring of the punk band Millions of Dead Cops will have some sort of party in honor of Super Bowl MDC in 3566. You know, my old band was gonna play with them in Newtown, CT once, but they canceled. Wow. You know you've got no life when you're reminiscing about bands that nobody's heard of that you almost played with.

And that wraps up all football talk here at ARSFIPT. It's now officially baseball season.

"Now" meaning soon. In the meantime:

I was trying to figure out when Sleater-Kinney's gonna be playing around here (March 2-3 in NYC) and I came across the webpage of one of the band members,
Carrie Brownstein. I've enjoyed her music and activism for years. (If you can enjoy someone's activism. I know you can enjoy someone's Activision, like, if you borrowed Pitfall or Freeway from a friend.) But I admire her even more now, after reading her takes on Scrabble, Curb Your Enthusiam, Freaks and Geeks, and being anti-Friendster ("or anything remotely like it.") Amen!

Carrie on Yahtzee: "I think I like the sound that the die make when you shake the cup more than any other aspect of this game. If you really want to annoy someone, try shaking them for a few minutes before you actually roll."

A lesbian after my own heart...

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States