Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Tues, 2/22 (Twos)

This, I must say, is awesome. Look what I wrote on this blog about A-Rod before last season, on March 28th, 2004:

"My (#2) goal for this season is to see that guy get what he deserves. Physically, psychologically, whatever, I'll take it any way I can get it. I just want to see frustration on his face all the time, and I know I'll be seeing that face ALL the time. He'll get his...." "...I wanna witness up close the moment when he realizes: 'Not everyone in the whole world loves me. But I'm A-Rod. A-Rod, dammit!' He's gonna cry all the way home and retire after the season. Ha!"

So I obtained my #1 goal (seeing the Sox win the World Series, but you knew that), and except for A-Rod actually retiring, I obtained my #2 goal as well. (But there's still time for him to retire before the season starts. But I don't want him to get off that easy.)

This whole A-Rod thing is just so great. What a time to be a Sox fan. Yesterday, our beloved Johnny chimed in with, "I enjoy taking my kids to school and trying to shake them at 7:45 in the morning, saying, `Get up, you've got school.'" That guy cracks me up.

And as you know, no yankees are defending A-Rod, either, which, to me, is as good as saying, "He deserves that kind of treatment, what can I say?" It's like when your girlfriend stops saying I love you when you're leaving the house: She might as well be saying "Bye! I definitely don't love you any more! Have a great day!" And everything SlapCon82 does just puts him deeper into his own personal hell. I seriously think A-Rod might get a mystery illness right before the yanks head up to Fenway in April. He could refer to the "yankee mystery illness" handbook to come up with one.

And on Bullshit Memorial, check out the article about Bronson's memories of A-Rod in high school. Incredible. I love how this guy is totally being exposed as the universe's all-time biggest A-hole. (You have to scroll down to find that article, but enjoy BS's spring training pictures and hi-larious captions while you scroll.)

Now, yankee fans (at least the ones who call radio stations) are getting pretty pissed about the Sox taking (totally rational and well-deserved) shots at A-Rod. They're coming out with a lot of pathetic "They're sore winners" talk. Again, they start to talk, and should realize, "Whoops, I'm talking. Sorry," and shut their fucking mouths, what with the Boston Red Sox having come back to beat them in the ALCS after trailing late in Game Four, AND being down three games to none, and then going on to win the World Series. But some people just can't control what's oozing out of their pie holes.

This one guy actually gave this stance (I'm paraphrasing, but we all know my memory rules. Except in a school setting on test day.):

"They won, so they can talk, but, you know, look at these teams, they need to back up their words. They won once, but let's see them win it again. That's all I'm sayin', let's see them win it again."

Screeeeeeeeeeeeeechh. (That would be the sound of loud brakes, as the baseball world comes to a stop, and the baseball gods explain to this guy exactly why his brain has magically changed places with his colon. So I give the floor to you, baseball gods.)

BGs: Sir, please stand. Okay, what was your favorite chant, up until last October 27th? That's right, it was "1918." And you know why you were saying that, right? Right, because the Red Sox hadn't won since then. But now they have won again. They are the reigning champions. You following? No? Well, you see, your brilliant little chant was not, I repeat, WAS NOT the following: "You haven't won since--clap, clap, clap clap clap--1918--clap, clap, clap clap clap--so in order to shut us up--clap, clap, clap clap clap--you have to win again--clap, clap, clap clap clap--but wait there's more--clap, clap, clap clap clap--after you win once--clap, clap, clap clap clap--you have to win again--clap, clap, clap clap clap--the following year--clap, clap, clap clap clap--in order for us to stop--clap, clap, clap clap clap--making fun of your drought--clap, clap, clap clap--even though it would--clap, clap, clap clap clap--actually be over at that point--clap, clap, clap clap clap--terrible job by us--clap, clap, clap clap clap." Get it now? Good. Now back to shoveling shit! Ah ah ah, no hands, please.

Thank you baseball gods. They really know how to make a point, huh?

Tomorrow morning, 6 AM, Phillies tickets on sale. Sox-Phils in Philly, June '05.

And check out more Spring Training pics at this dude's site.

Just saw some spring training footage on the Connecticut news. (Of the two CT stations that talked about baseball on their news tonight, one did just Sox, the other did Sox THEN yanks. Moivng in the right direction...) So good to see actual moving pictures of our guys in the sun. Found out Manny had been in Brazil for the last month. Did everyone know that? I must of missed something. Also heard Pedro say to a reporter, about Piazza, that Mike's his teammate now and "I'd blow your head off for him." Whoa, ginga. Channel 4's Bruce Beck then said that he asked Pedro about the line and Pedro said he was just kidding. So just know that before Dirt Dog comes out with: "Diva Shoots And Kills Reporter With Gun, Unprovoked."

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States