Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Lightening Up The Mood In Any Way I Can

"Right now this one has you scratching your head." --Joe Castiglione

Here's something to cheer you all up after this tough loss:
Hey! Jere! Glad you made it. Meet me up in the .406 Club after the game for some hitting tips as usual? Cool.
This pic is from April 13th, 2005.

All right, I lied. I was really planning on using this shot of Manny because I thought he would be the star of the game after his home run tonight.

Lied again. I just wanted an excuse to put this picture up.

Damn, quit grillin' me under these hot lights! You got me. I just wanted to prove that Manny Ramirez looked at me. Happy?

While listening to the game tonight, I was looking at web sites of old TV shows. Did you ever realize you had a crush on someone, like, twenty years later? You know who I'm talkin' about. Freakin' Moose from "You Can't Do That On Television."
From YCDTOTV.com
Remember that show? It was on Nickelodeon just about the time cable TV was reaching the suburbs. Actually, as I just found out, it aired from '79 to '90.

It's not like I erased the show from my memory or anything, but seeing some still shots of it made me realize how much time I spent welcoming Moose into my living room. Which, at my house, was always the family room. (I always hated when baseball announcers, upon watching a replay of a foul ball that goes right toward the camera, would say, "Here it comes, right into your living room." "We don't have a TV in the living room," I'd yell at the set.) What a weird show. So unique. So Canadian.

And I guess I hadn't actually seen a picture of Moose since, uh, I hit puberty.

Lisa Ruddy, on the other hand, well, she's just never gonna do it for me.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States