Monday, May 16, 2005

Buzzo Still Making Headlines

The other day I was talking about how I saw the Melvins lead singer, Buzz Osborne, at the yanks-A's game in Oakland. I noticed online that other people saw him, too. That's a link to a Melvins message board. Somebody on there says that he was also shown in the fifth inning,(my sighting was in the ninth), only next to him was Mike Patton! The exclamation point is for the fact that Patton is one of my all time favorite artists. If from nowhere else, you may remember him as the lead singer of Faith No More. He's also done the bands Fantomas, Tomahawk, and has been doing Mr. Bungle since before his days in Faith No More. And he does crazy solo albums where he makes unearthly noises with his mouth and and a microphone. And he's from the Bay Area, and seems to know about sports from things I've heard him say at concerts.

So I guess Patton called up Buzzo and said, "Hey, you wanna go root against the yanks?" And Buzzo was like, "Huh? I guess so." And then in the ninth, Buzzo was like, "Dude, it's 15-5, what are we still doing here?" And that's as far as I'm gonna go with this, because it's really not funny anymore. But I'm still amazed I saw that dude on TV.

I've been trying to count my Melvins concerts. 1. opening for Primus, Omaha, NE, 1993(?). 2. opening for Nine Inch Nails, Omaha, NE, 1994(?). 3. opening for Tool, Poughkeepsie, NY, 1997. 4. opening for Tool, New York, NY 2001 [Edit: wrong. it was '02, and it wasn't the Melvins, it was Fantomas, featuring Buzzo and Patton, hence my confusion]. 5. opening like every other show I've ever seen (1975-present).

Oh my lord, check this out. I went to the Tool unofficial website that I used to go to all the time back in the mid- to late-nineties, and found MY REVIEW of that Tool show in Poughkeepsie. I think this is so cool, that this dude Kabir kept these reviews up the whole time. I wrote a little thing about the Melvins at the end of the review, which is really funny if you've been following this current Melvins saga on my blaga.

Hopefully you'll like this view into the mind of me as a spritely young...twenty-one year old. Man, I've been Two2067@aol.com for a long time.

Comments:
The Fantomas are fantastic.

I saw the Melvins in '02 at Toad's Place in New Haven, and in '01 at Irving Plaza in New York.

Just earth-shatteringly heavy.
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States