Monday, October 31, 2005

Thanks, Theo

Good bye, Theo. We'll all miss your fine general managing, guitar playing, and adult contemporary casu-al-ternative wardrobe.

I'm really sad he's gone. I thought he'd be around for ten years. But baseball goes on. And I definitely don't want to bother with blame until actual proof from a paper other than the Boston Globe comes out. Theo basically said he doesn't want to be the GM of the Boston Red Sox. That's all we've got to work with right now. Eric Wilbur wrote this:

"'In my time as general manager, I gave my entire heart and soul to the organization,' Epstein said in a statement. 'During the process leading up to today’s decision, I came to the conclusion that I can no longer do so. In the end, my choice is the right one not only for me but for the Red Sox.' Now, the question will be asked time and again over the coming days: Is it that he no longer can do so, or would not be allowed to?"

Who will be asking this? People who read Theo's exact quote and DECIDE they want it to say something different? Well, doing the opposite seems to be the Boston Globe's trademark, so I guess that answers my question.

While this Theo stuff is going on, don't be too distracted, because Bush is still "president." Check out all these bad things about his new choice for the Supreme Court, Samuel Alito.

Also, I know some of you are feeling like the Sox are basically this:
But we'll get past this. Besides, just remember, yankee fans don't even know who Theo Epstein is, so they can't make fun of us. (Also, they can't make fun of us because they haven't won a World Series in recent memory.)

Note: Picture above is also a preview of the pictures I took at the Halloween Parade.

Comments:
Thanks go to Lary Lucchino, who I have been skewering all week before the bombshell broke in my household somewhere between 5:19 and 5:54 yesterday. Boy I hate that man.
 
Lucchino has NEVER been known for LOYALTY, & is a CONTROL FREAK.
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States