Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Fairly Recent Cooperstown Trip Pics

A huge statue at a hotel in Chicopee, MA. More about him here.

Awesome old-school logos under glass at the Hall of Fame. I love the whole "Win Twins"/"Twin Cities" theme. It was big in my day, aka the 80s. The twin on the right has an "STP" (St. Paul) logo on his shirt, and the one on the left has an "M" for Minneapolis. I actually just bought a pin with just the "TC" logo on it, along with an old Red Sox one with the backward sock logo. I'd like to know who came up with the idea of using "Twin Cities" in the Twins' logo. It would be like a team from Chicago having "WC" on their hats for "Windy City."

The ring.


I like how the reflection made this slightly-more-than-half circle look like a full circle. This is in a room next to the inductee gallery. Also note plane entrail for extra fartsiness.

The Kid.

Ted's head really sticks out, more than most others. He also looks like he's wearing a fisherperson's hat. Which would actually make sense for Ted.

Pudge. I don't think he looks like this, but that's just me.

Yaz. I didn't get a shot of it, but Jimmie Foxx's plaque calls him "Jimmy." Does anyone know why? I couldn't find anything about this on the internet.

Comments:
Love the half circle - full circle shot. Nice work with these.
 
Yeah, that is a weird illusion, it worked out. Glad you liked them. Thanks. You'd enjoy it up there, I think.
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States