Monday, July 24, 2006

Are You Shitting Me?

That was the title of the post I wrote last night after the Red Sox game. It involved me being frustrated over a crappy loss, complete with Timlin refusing to waste more pitches and Coco and Manny looking like they were more suited to play Chutes and Ladders than baseball.

Before I could post, though, (I know, you've heard it all before: I wrote this awesome story but the internet ate it! Hey, this is like the new "the dog ate my homework," or the modern-day fish-tale...) I noticed that our internet connection had a problem where I was connected, but no web pages would load. I asked Chan about it. Chan does this shit for his job and he couldn't fix it. He finally called the TimeWarner hotline or whatever, and it turns out the problem was theirs. Sorry, New York, your high-speed internet is running at exactly zero miles per hour.

I woke up this morning to find it still wasn't fixed. Now I'm at work, where we don't have TimeWarner. (Which I call TomWerner.) I figured there'd be something about this on the news, but there isn't. Weird. I mean, it's not like Dubuque, Iowa doesn't have internet. Oh well, at least we don't live in Queens.

And the title of the that post easily works for this one.

So, as you know, the video-era is in full-swing here at ARSFIPT. I'm goig to be putting up a lot of weird, wild stuff. For the next video, I will let you people vote, and we'll see how it goes. The choices: An over-the-top World Football League promo from 1992, or a video for a song by Wayne and Garth that will be new to most people since I don't see it up on the internet anywhere. Vote in the comments section. Thanks. (Oh, and fear not, they'll both go up eventually anyway. Maybe the loser can go into the next vote. Humor me, humans.)

Comments:
I didn't see the Wayne and Garth one... am I stupid?
 
No, but I am, since I answered this comment on the above post.
 
I kive in Queens but NOT Astoria.
 
Like, Woodhaven Dude!
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States