Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Dare To Be Original

I don't know anything about this film other than it's either out now or coming out soon, and that it's based on some dude's memoir. Okay, it's bad enough that this guy ripped off the name of the great Weird Al's 1999 album. I'm already mad about that. And, hey, maybe it's an awesome book. And the phrase "running with scissors" wasn't exactly coined by Al. But still, terrible job. But it's Even Worse (care to steal that one, too, Mr. James Frey Memoir McGee?) that the people that came up with the logo for the film essentially made it the same as Al's! See below.

The "with" in the middle with a line, the positioning of the words... Rip off.

Al will get through this with our support. And now matter how good that movie ends up being, the true RWS will prove superior in the end.

Comments:
Good book. He's like David Sedaris except way more dysfunctional.
 
It's like spitting on a fish.

It's like barking up a tree.

It's like I said you gotta buy one if you wanna get one free.

James Frey II: the Yankovic Files.
 
There's something in this movie for everyone! I heard Joseph Fiennes is in it as a super-creepy pedophile.
 
Look, you can go to your fancy so-called "movie" (probably just Gone with the Wind played backwards), I'll sit here in the dark listening to "Pretty Fly For A Rabbi."
 
AND, Monday was Weird Al's birthday. That's a true story.

I worked in the stockroom of a Barnes and Noble in high school, and we'd blast Weird Al all day for good knows what reason, and just die laughing. It was awesome, and when we'd get sick of one CD, the manager would hand me $20 and say... "Uh, go buy... I don't know- 'The Polka Album'? 'Smells Like Nirvana'... whatever's there."

Also- yea, that was a good book. I prob won't see the movie, but the book was good.
 
Way back when I was a college student in West Philadelphia, I saw Weird Al on location filming the "Eat It" video, wearing his studded red leather jacket and one glove.

That's all I got.
 
Al rules. I finally saw him live a few years ago, at the Woodstock Fair in Woodstock, CT. Livestock, northeast CT country-folk, and Weird Al.
 
Haha!

Okay..okay...interesting, about him at least mentioning Al. We'll see what develops. Maybe they'll have a similar fight like the one between Al and Coolio.
 
to the one
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States