Wednesday, December 20, 2006

'm In It: Rice

Hopefully that'll be the headline soon, when Jim Rice gets the call telling him he made the Hall of Fame. People think this is a bad year for Rice's chances, what with Ripken and Gwynn going in. But the cosmos are pointing to it: I've seen him on TV the last two nights. I recently found amongst my crap, and prominently displayed, one of those old Topps bigger-than-postcards from, like, 1980, of Jim Ed with a big afro. MLB.com sites have a little Hall montage which quickly shows Rice giving a curtain call. (When is it from? Anyone know? Has to be pre-'80.)

So maybe he'll sneak in. If my friend Casey gets a vote, I know he'll do anything to take attention away from Tony Gwynn. I'm guessing he doesn't have a vote, since he's not in the field of sports journalism. But he could be writing threatening letters to and/or planning the kidnapping of voters as we speak.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States