Wednesday, August 01, 2007

O Tannenbaum

Hey, any chance anybody's gonna do my "yell red during the national anthem at the rockets' red glare part" idea tonight? Or next weekend in Baltimore? I still say we do this, to combat the O's fans shouting "O" on oh say does that star-spangled....

If anybody's got a better idea, let's hear it. (I was also thinking of taking their "O" and turning it into a "Go" and putting a "Sox" after it....)

Oh, and if you're thinking "it's dumb that they do that, let's just let them do it and be classy and yadda yadda yadda," well, that's no fun!

But back to more important stuff, like Dana Levangie. I've mentioned him here before--he was the Sox' bullpen catcher for many years. Having gone to a lot of games during his time in uniform (and often sitting out by the bullpen, being at the game way early, etc.), I got used to him being out on the field. After the 2004 season, he was, sadly, let go by the team, and that was the last I'd heard of him.

Yesterday I was watching Brendan Donnelly getting interviewed about his TJ surgery (Tommy John, not terrible job, though I grew up watching and listening to Tommy, and can report that he committed his fair share of TJs, including the time he made three errors on one play and later blamed it on the ions in his athletic supporter), and behind him was a locker nameplate that read "Claus/Levangie." I thought, Oh my god, Dana's back! Dropped down the chimney by Santa! So I did a little research, and TOMMY JOHN by me, because Dana's been back since 2006. Here's where Gordon Edes mentioned his imminent return, as a scout. He and former Sea Dogs manager Todd Claus are split-advanced scouts, as you can read here. (Although you have to pay extra to get the full article.) I remember reading this back in May, as some blogs had linked to it, but I somehow missed the Levangie connection. So I guess I skimmed it...

A year and a half late: Welcome home, Dana!

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States