Saturday, March 08, 2008

Other Connecticuts


View Larger Map
Okay, so they let some crazy printing get through. But what does the USDA have to do with it? Are you getting your recommended daily dose of Google Maps?

The reason I was looking at this area is because I just learned that the border between Vermont and New Hampshire is the Connecticut River. It's the river named after my home state, but I never tracked it above Northampton or so, I guess. After doing more research about it, I found out its source is the "Connecticut Lakes" up in northern New Hampshire. Weird. It's like when I found out my friend Mike Leporati had a cousin also named Mike. How could there be another Mike Leporati?

Yes, I knew New England was named after England, though.... But Kim and I were wondering recently, Is New England bigger than England? I just checked. England: 50,000 square miles. New England: 72,000. Winners!

[Update: Have added second N to Connecticut in title post. That's the second time in recent weeks that I've spelled my own home state wrong.]

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States