Monday, June 09, 2008

...And I've Just Been Elected President

<---LIES!!! Yesterday after Joba gave up 3 runs in 4 1/3 innings, I found it interesting that the guy on WCBS news acted quite happy about it when he gave the sports update. "Joba does LESS shitty!" Then I go to the Daily News site just now, and I see a picture of a fist-pumping Joba with another positive headline about the Slut "starting to make the grade." Then I look next to that and see what I've cut-and-pasted at left. Joba pitches 4 2/3 scoreless innings?? Did I miss something? This is still up nearly 24 hours after the game, and is still telling the casual (90 percent of Yankee fans) fan that Joba Chamberlain pitched half the game, and didn't give up any runs. Instead of the truth, which is that he gave up 3 runs, 2 earned, on five hits in less than five innings. Curtain call!

Again, I love it when Yankee fans are totally content, even ecstatic about a pitcher giving up runs at a rate of 6 per 9 innings. They are completely delusional. They live in a fantasy land where they win every game. Joba is in the Hall of Fame, right next to Hughes and Kennedy and Brien Taylor and Andy Hawkins. Fine with me.

Anyway, the News' convenient mistake came from the fact that the relievers pitched 4 2/3 scoreless innings, not Joba. (But I can't explain why the corresponding picture shows him celebrating like he's just cured world hunger. For clamping down the Royals in early June, where "clamping down" equals not making it out of the fifth inning.)

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States