Saturday, September 20, 2008

NEIBA: Not Just A Word Said By Mushmouth

Today was the NEIBA (New England Independent Booksellers Association) trade show in Boston. I signed copies of Dirty Water for a half-hour. I had a fun time--my mom's at a wedding in a far away state, so I was flying solo on this one. This wasn't a public booksigning, so I had mainly owners of bookshops approaching me. Everyone was really nice, and despite my lifelong struggle with my "signature," it all went off without a hitch. And I brought exactly enough books for the number of people who were lined up to meet me. One dude asked me to sign for his fantasy baseball team--the Purple Scanties! Another person knew of our book from Surviving Grady's review, which is cool.

I'll keep you updated on events you can actually go to...

Comments:
Glad it went well!
 
Too bad you didn't have a series of rubber stamps of your signature font...

Sounds like it went well. Congrats.
 
Thanks, L. Thanks, Newy. Nice call on the font, ha.
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States