Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sox Lose Again To Most Hatable Underdogs Of All Time

Except for Pena. And Hinske. {Update: I forgot to say Baldelli. Baldelli! Thanks for the reminder, Ryan. I knew there were three--but I kept thinking, "but do I really like Cliff Floyd..."]

So...very weird how we went in last week knowing it's be Tampa/Toronto at home, then Tampa/Toronto away, on the same days both weeks. And the same thing has happened in each week so far. Win game one, poised to move into first, then lose barely and lose again. Since TB owns the tiebreaker over us, we have to play three games better than them over the last 10. It can be done. If not, we play the Angels, and move on to an ALCS where we have home field advantage in every game. If Tampa makes it that far.

Comments:
Division's looking like a pretty long putt at this point. Too bad Tampa didn't lose a few more games back in June and July, when I was the only guy around here who was rooting against them nightly.

And I wouldn't assume a first round triumph against the Halos w/o home field; we're going to be very clear underdogs.
 
we're only a few games behind the Angels. And we'd especially not be underdogs if we win game one.

Yeah, it's too bad the Devs couldn't have lost more back then, but it helped lead to the Yanks being out! And isn't that what life's all about anyway...
 
And Baldelli, who's from RI.

I don't know about *most* hatable. I certainly disliked the Rockies a lot more when they were trying to underdog us last year. I mean, purple uniforms, low-gravity stadium, team prayer meetings? Lame, lame, and super-lame. Not that these guys exactly warm my heart...
 
Yeah, it's too bad the Devs couldn't have lost more back then, but it helped lead to the Yanks being out! And isn't that what life's all about anyway...

Agreed. If the Sox end up against the Angels in the first round, I'm wondering if a bit of "pressure" (i.e., the Halos recalling the outcome of the 2004 and 2007 playoffs) won't make things a little tough on them.
 
I really like Cliff Floyd and Joe Maddon.
 
Kim loves Triple-F. I loved him when he came to the Red Sox. THen he pissed me of by always either playing poorly or being injured like all the time. So ever since he's just, you know, either way. I don't DISlike him, but I can't put him in the Rays I like category. Maybe the Rays I kinda like category.
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States