Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nobody Say "SS Minnow"!

Pedroia wins the Silver Slugger for second basemen. Can you imagine? A Red Sox 2B winning a fielding and hitting award? In the same season?

In an earlier post, I asked what "that thing" was along the third base line in a picture of Forbes Field. Longtime reader heybluu tells me it was an automatic tarp-roller, the same kind that kept Vince Coleman out of the '85 World Series. Now, I remember that incident like it was yest., but I guess I always thought he was run over by the guys rolling the tarp--or just kind of got his leg stuck under the tarp going for a ball or something. So, thanks. (I'm still trying to imagine how these things work, though.)

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States