Friday, December 19, 2008

Soda Jerks And Ca-Cos

You may have noticed on the front page of redsox.com, this picture of Jon "Sid" "Wicked" Lester:

Did you notice it? The Coke sign. It's entirely lit up. Yet only ca-Co appears lit up in the picture. Remember last April, I wrote about how my camera seemed to be only picking up the lights in the middle four letters of the sign, even though my eyes were telling me that all the lights in the sign appeared uniform? It was in this post, interestingly just below a picture of Lester. Here was the pic I posted then:


See it? The lights of "co-Ca" appear brighter than the lights of the other letters. Now I know that this happens to cameras other than mine.

Please note: I know some of you may be thinking, "No, some of the lights are on and some are off, I can clearly tell in that night shot." But that's wrong. The sign does not flash on and off, nor does it ever have some lights on and some off at the same time. To the human eye, it appears entirely on when it's dark out or entirely off in the light. But clearly some of those lights are slightly different, and they're specifically in the ca-Co, even going behind the loop of the L and reappearing on the other side. Weird.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States