Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Red Sox Get Brad Wilkerson

Brad Wilkerson was the first player to bat in a Washington Nationals uniform. He singled. He also would've been the last Expo to bat, but Endy Chavez replaced him in the eighth inning of their last game, and ended the game at the plate.

I always look this stuff up on the stat sites, only to find out that I could've just looked up a profile of the guy, because it probably mentions this. (And my proof that I researched it myself on retrosheet/Baseball Ref./Almanac is that if the bio says something like, "he got the first hit as a National, and then tripped over first base, putting him on the disabled list," then I would've put that in, but I didn't, because that's not in the boxscore.)

Anyway, we got the guy, supposedly, but it's not official yet.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States