Tuesday, May 12, 2009

River In Egypt

Roger Clemens breaks his silence on steroids...and continues to deny, deny, deny. He has done a masterful job of convincing the world. The "world" to him, of course, has a population of one, and all one of those people believe him.

More on my channel 30 interview:

In comments, Peter asked me if I met any of the channel 30 personalities, such as news anchor (and Sox fan) Gerry Brooks. While my mom and I were waiting to be interviewed, we were actually talking about Brooks. A few minutes later, he appeared, coming in from outside. I was facing the door with my Red Sox jersey on, and Brooks focuses right in on it and with a grin says, "I like it," and walked on through.

He was the only celeb I saw there that I recognized from my CT days. Except for Kevin Nathan, the sports guy, who interviewed us. Kevin was great, and really knew how to give an interview. Especially since there were two of us--he went back and forth, giving specific questions to each of us.

I thought there'd be a person putting make-up on my face and stuff but it wasn't like that. Kevin even told me it was okay to wear my Sox hat, which I had assumed was forbidden under the TV lights. I got to see an anchorwoman do one of those "here's some stories we're working on" promos, which was pretty cool. Oh, and when I went into the bathroom, I was surprised to see that it was almost like a dressing room, with a huge mirror with lights above it. I guess I just thought there was a whole separate area for that stuff. But WVIT is moving into a new, modern, bigger building which is standing right behind the existing one. Looks like it's going to be a lot nicer than what they're in now, which seems to be a converted 1950s elementary school. But everyone was really nice and we had a great time, and the interview went as well as we could have expected. Thanks again to Kevin Nathan.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States