Thursday, June 18, 2009

First Impressions

The Washington Nationals beat the Yanks two out of three. Solid Gold. Dance Fever.

The Red Sox are still in a rain delay. Unfortunately, the game had just gone official before the tarp went on, and we're losing. You don't wanna lose a six-inning game by one run.

On the Globe's Extra Bases blog, they've got some new guy who thinks he's a comedian on there talking about YouTube videos and stuff. Then he spelled Willie Mays' name "M-A-Y-E-S." I don't know about you, but I learned how to spell that one when I was, oh, two years old. I don't think I've ever even seen that one spelled wrong. So, Globe, leave the comedy to us "basement dwellers" and get some people who know the very basics of baseball. Mayes? Have I made it clear how terrible that is? That's like Babe Ruthe. No, that's like Henrie Arin. What a dope. But I'm sure his Tweets are really Twonkie. And he knows hip new phrases that nobody actually uses. Except people that walk around with those things that stick out of their ear.

Considering he's supposed to be updating the game, you'd think he'd say something like, "if they don't start again, the Red Sox will lose since the game would be official." Or at least tell people what inning the game is in so at least the ones who know how to spell Mays will know that means it's official.

(In the time it took me to write this post, he corrected the Mayes thing, so don't bother checking it. I hope more people than just me let him know.)

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States