Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm Royal. Have You Heard Of Me?

Sox win 8-6, now 1-1 in serieseses. Win those and we're gold.

After that miscommunication between Ellsbury and Scutaro the other night, I said Jacoby should be taking charge on those plays, especially if there's a guy on third, since he's coming in on the ball. Call for it, and be loud. Well, today there was a guy on third. And on another pop-up to that spot, they screwed it up again. Bill Hall looks like the culprit, but I fear Jacoby just wasn't yelling loud enough. Then in the ninth, he ends up having a horrible collision with The Excutive.* Hopefully he's back soon--with a megaphone.

Three day games this week, Mon-Wed-Thurs, as we open up the new place in the Mini Apple.


*At JoS, I referred to Beltre as Beltless Trenchcoat, and Laura noted the BT was called The Executive, and a nickname was born. Who knows if they'll use it over there, but I know I'll be using it here! And if he produces, like he did today, he'll be....

Comments:
Making up personal nicknames for players is wicked fun. After seeing it on some blog that probably no longer exists in 2005, I always referred to Mike Timlin as "The Iron Eagle." You have to admit, it fits him perfectly. Shortly thereafter, I got a car and was looking for a nickname for that and realized Iron Eagle made a pretty good CAR nickname too. Thus I named the car after the nickname that only I was using for Mike Timlin. And when either of them did something awesome like pull through a snow drift or strike out the side I'd make one of those screechy eagle noises.
 
That's awesome. It's like the Embree/Captain Cheese nickname.
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States