Friday, August 27, 2010

Latest Ballplayer Graves

Did some grave hunting recently. First up, Kim and I went to Oakland Cemetery right next to Roger Williams Park in Providence, looking for Charlie Babington.
Took a long time, but I finally spotted him, with a bunch of family members. Charlie had eight hits for the New York Giants in 1915. Here's another shot from that cemetery:


Then the other day I had to go to the DMV to renew my license, and had to go the the one in Warren. I noticed that Barrington's Princes Hill Cemetery was right near there--that's where Harry Pattee's buried.
This didn't take very long, which was good since it was raining. He had a sweet spot right in the middle.

His grave's in the middle here--behind it is the big one with the cross, which had a sweet water view behind it.

Harry played at Brown U. before his brief time with Brooklyn. Then he came back to Providence to coach at his old school.

I have sent one each of these guys' graves into that Deadball Era site, so I'll have four photos up there.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States