Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Religious Experience?

I love how Bill Lee has gotten so much attention from his recent performance pitching for the Brockton Rox. I am glad I was able to be there--I'd met Lee but it was another thing to actually watch him play ball. I'll have to catch him at one of his non-pro games in the future.

But my recent Lee-centric episode of Randomonium was made possible by two bloggers I've been reading for years.

Josh Wilker of Cardboard Gods was doing a book signing at Fenway Park in May with the Spaceman as a special guest. I got Bill to do the spot for the show, not having a clue at the time what the rest of the content for that episode would be. But I was just happy to have Bill on there.

Then Allan Wood of The Joy of Sox mentioned a few weeks ago that Bill would be pitching for Brockton. After the initial excitement wore off, and after I'd secured tickets, it hit me: there's a show, that's a show.

Thanks, guys. It was a match made on Earth.

Red Sox vs. Devils, Baseball Heaven, 10 after 7.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States