Monday, November 22, 2010

The Book Of Unncessary Quotation Marks

Of all the ideas I have that I don't do anything with only to see someone else bring to the public....this one I reeeeally should have moved on. I think it's hilarious when people put things in quotes for no reason, from grandma putting "happy birthday" in quotes on a card to your friend putting the year in quotes when signing your yearbook. I got to flip through this book and there are some hilarious examples in there.

(And yes I know this blog belongs in the unnecessary capital letters category, since I capitalize even the prepositions and articles in my post titles--I do that for tradition's sake...and also so I never have to make a decision on ones that are four or more letters long.)

Comments:
This book "looks great!" I might add it to my "wish list".
 
Companion to the unnecessary apostrophe?

I like to 'economize'.
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States