Monday, February 21, 2011

Justine Baseman

When I heard a woman threw batting practice at a major team's camp, I hoped it was a young prospect, someone who might become the first female to play Major League Baseball. Turns out it was a 36-year old, but hey, that's okay, too. The point is, she's out there trying to send a message to girls that they can play ball. Not just softball. Kim says she doesn't think she'll see a girl in MLB in her lifetime. I think it can be done, if we change the culture. Girls are usually pushed away from sports, and those who aren't are forced into softball. I mean, it's good they have something, but it's time to take the next step. Good job by the Indians for having her go out there. She'll also pitch BP to the A's.

Comments:
JERE, not more than 10 seconds ago I read the same story from MLB dot com (with video). I was going to write my AM post today about it because I think it's a great story. I just wanted you to know I didn't come here, read your post and then write my own version. I wouldn't do that. But you know that. Thanks. Baseball's coming up!!
 
I say we see it.
40-50 years is a long time.
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States