Sunday, April 22, 2012

Twice Is Anti-Nice

Tonight's game has been called off due to the impending heavy rains.

Joy of Sox brought up the two other times when the Red Sox were ahead of the Yanks by 9 and lost. Once was 1950. The other was 1987--and I was there. I can't believe I didn't think of it sitting at Fenway yesterday. I was 11 years old, and there I was at Yankee Stadium with my Yankee fan friend and our dads. (This is the same friend's dad who got us those sweet front row Fenway seats back then. His Yankee Stadium seats were almost as good--front row of the loge, which everybody called the mezzanine, between home and third.) We watched the Red Sox take a 9-0 lead after an inning and a half. Only to have the Yanks score 11 in the third, eight of those off of my then-favorite, Roger Clemens, who'd just come off his Cy Young/MVP season. The Red Sox quickly tied it at 11, but no one else would score until the Yanks ended it in the tenth. That was a crappy day at Yankee Stadium. And yesterday was a crappy day at Fenway Park. And I was unfortunate enough to be there for both. Two 9-0 leads blown. The odds anyone went to those two games AND the 1950 are remote, so I'm gonna say I'm at least tied for the top spot in this horrible category.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States