Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Watch This Stuff Before Em El Bee Takes It Down

I've been checking out some full MLB games on YouTube. This one, along with its classic "Jump" intro (after Harry Caray talks for a bit), has a crazy fight in it. It starts with Ron Cey's controversial homer at the 43:00 mark, and play don't resume for a half-hour! Also, if you like seeing Don Zimmer get tackled, and I know you do, watch the entire half-hour interruption.

If you search YouTube, you can also listen to some full radio broadcasts of really old games. (Like this one featuring Vin Scully from 1957.)

Comments:
I spent the mid '70's living in Southern California. The last thing I need is to hear Vin Scully's voice. - daddybcat
 
Sorry to disappoint you! I'm sure I, uh, appointed most people here though. (Also, as a Scully-hater, I guess you should be glad you only spent a few years there--imagine what it's like for a Scully-hater who's been there from 1950-2012!)
 
It wouldn't have been so bad if he had been only the voice of the Dodgers, but he shilled everything from gas stations to funeral plots. Got to be so you couldn't turn on the wireless without seeing him. - dbc
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States