Saturday, April 13, 2013

You're Hired

I hate the "I'm sick of it" excuse. Problems don't go away because you're tired of them. That's why they're problems to begin with. Yet Yankee fans, every time new A-Rod stuff comes out, love to say "I'm sick of all this talk," as if A-Rod's crap was the fault of someone other than A-Rod. I still can't tell if they're stupid or trying feebly to be manipulative. You can't make a problem go away by saying "let's all agree to not talk about it."

Those people are the funniest thing I've heard since Cheesecake Truck. Okay, that was really just an excuse to talk about Cheesecake Truck. Doing a search, I see I've only mentioned the song once on this blog, now in its tenth year. And that was only in passing. Before we go any further, listen to the song below. I'll meet you underneath.



I found out about King Missile when everybody else did, that is, when Detachable Penis came out in the early 90s. But it wasn't until 1997 that I discovered Cheesecake Truck. And I'm still laughing. What is it about this song that makes me put my head in my hands in hysterical exasperation? The guy is just so serious about this idea. And then the way he, already convinced his perfectly sane idea is going according to plan, continues to rationalize: The only solution to this problem he's brought upon himself is to leave his entire life behind. Suddenly everything up to that point doesn't seem so bad, as only now, after a misdemeanor at worst is committed, does he truly go overboard. Wait a minute, maybe connecting this to A-Rod isn't too far-fetched....

Sox rained out tonight, to be made up in June. Lester goes Saturday afternoon against Tampa.

Comments:
Oh. My. Goodness. My new favourite song. Thanks! Absolutely hilarious.
 
Yeah!
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States